Okay so yesterday was my first prenatal yoga class. It was super relaxing. And it was super weird all at the same time. I am not sure if this is going to benefit me or not. But I can tell you that it has a lot of relax moments....which is the whole point of yoga right? We did some weird positions to help us get use to opening up our pelvis. And we did some breathing exercises that will help when the baby gets bigger. So those are pieces that I can totally deal with. However there are several times in the class where we had to "ohm" and do things like that where I was like SAY WHAT??? I know, I know what did I think I signed up for. And we have this like quiet mommy and baby time where we close our eyes and lay back and relax and just breathe and focus on the baby and letting go of stress. Do any of you know how hard it is for me to be quiet? I have never shut my mouth that long in my entire life. The baby probably thought I was sleeping or died. Shoot even in my sleep I talk. So this will take some getting use to. But I am going to go in there with an open mind. And I am going to try to learn from these classes. There are 6 girls in my class. And our due dates are all over the calendar. And although I am overweight...I am far from the clumsiest/uncoordinated in the class. Which this makes me feel good. Its all those years of dance class...finally paid off.
This morning we had our apt with Dr. Kelley. I told the PA that I have cheated and listened to the baby for the past 2 weeks or more. She pretty much just laughed. Everything is to go as scheduled. We have our big ultra sound on the 29th as I am sure I have said 100 times. And she told us that they give us a DVD and pictures. How cool is that? So now whoever wants to see him/her moving before being born can. We were super excited about that. She then told me I have to get a flu shot and a swine flu shot. Oh my lord. and apparently I have to get 2 swine flu shots because one just does not cut it. So one in Mid to late October. And then one later. Whatever!
Well that is all I have for now. Chat later!
No comments:
Post a Comment