So I have had a lot of people ask me if I am going to keep up my blog. I wasnt going to, but I think Logan will like to see his progress. Also, I am going to change our title of the blog... And of course as you all know Logan is here....over 2 months here. haha
I will write the story of his birth when I have the energy. Who knows when that will be, but I will. I would like to get it down while it is still somewhat fresh in my mind. Yes, my mind...the one that I feel has turned to mush since having a baby. Yikes I dont remember anything. And it is never more apparent than when I am singing a song to Logan, and I draw a blank on the words. I know the words to every song in America. I mean people know my one talent that I have in relation to words in music. Its gone.
So yesterday was Logans first day at daycare. His daycare lady is named Sharon. She is so super sweet. She lives several blocks from our house. So it is going to be real easy to get him ready in the mornings and get him to her house. So yeterday Eric got up with us, so that he could go with us over to house for the first drop off. We got his bags packed, I took a picture and out the door we went. This is how he looked before we left the house

Isnt he the cutest thing ever?!?!?!?!? He had a coat on because Sharon asked us to bring him with a coat and a hat so that they could take a walk if it was nice out. This kind of made Eric and I sad because we wanted to be the first to take him for a walk. But we couldnt help but let her take him. She has other kids that she watches as well. And I didnt want to deprive them of a great day. However, when I picked him up, she said they didnt go. She said that it was a little too windy to risk it. So I was super happy about that.
Sharon said he was perfect and that she just loved him. I called I think 3 times during the day. Which if you ask me is about 10 times less than I wanted to. Things are really busy at work, so it makes the day go by fast. So for that I am greatful. And we trust Sharon so much, its easy not to worry.
She did learn that Logan LOVES to be swaddled. And she learned that this is the only way he will nap on his own. He really liked her play mat that she laid him on. So we are going to get him one this weekend. And of course he was good in the swing. So that is the exciting day and times at daycare. haha Oh and she experienced his big o'l blowout poop. hahah She had to see it some time. May as well be the first day.
At this stage of the game, he smiles in response to being tickled or played with. He still makes his monkey face where he puckers up tight. He holds his head up really well....but he has been for a while now. He tries to roll over all the time. When he takes a bath, he sometimes lays with one foot over the tub...its the cutest thing ever. And he is only content in there if we lay a wet washcloth over his crotch and belly. Then he is super happy. And I think he likes it when I brush his hair. Oh and his breath is amazing. I love to smell it. hahaha
Eric and I measured him last night, it looks like 22 inches. We could be wrong...but I doubt it.
Well I believe that is all I have to contribute. Oh and one of his perfect little pictures we had taken of him at 5 weeks. Enjoy!
It is awesome to hear about Logan's firsts. Soon you will have a scrapbook full of them. You better get started before you get too far behind. Oh well, such is life. Before you know it the week will be over and you guys will be able to spend all weekend with him. Logan is the cutest thing ever. Selina hung one of his pictures on the fridge so we see him every day. We will talk to you guys soon, Monica
ReplyDelete