Monday, March 29, 2010

Watch Out

So this weekend was not a super weekend. But it was not horrible. At least for Logan and I. Unfortunately Eric was super sick all weekend. In fact by Saturday I thought I would have to take him in to see a doc. He looked like he was about to pass out every time he walked from one room to another. And then all the while, Logan and I have to watch out and make sure we did not come in to contact with him. Unfortunately we had to miss Zoeys (Eric God daughter)2nd birthday party. We were super bummed, as we love Ian and Melissas families.

So I packed up Logan and him and I went to Haley McClungs 2nd birthday party. We had two that day, and well Haleys was a block away. So Eric stayed home for some much needed rest. And Logan attended his first birthday party. It was pretty short and sweet. But we went with Rick and Michelle and Cierra. Pretty much my whole family knows the McClungs because my sister watches Haley and Conor. Tons of little kids running around going crazy just as they should. And we ran in to Scott Kushners parents. And Mrs. Kushner took a picture of Logan so that she could show Scott. They all thought he was super tiny. There was a newborn (1 week)there, and he was bigger than Logan. And Logan is approaching 3 months. So I guess to them, he was tiny. To me, he is growing so fast, we cant keep up.

Saturday night, Eric was feeling a little more better, well enough to not feel like dying. We pretty much pumped him full of drugs. And so we had a mellow night at home. We watched tv, and took a nap before dinner. And Logan gave us the greatest night ever. He would sleep, then wake up smiling. Then sleep and wake up smiling. At every feeding was the same happy baby. So it was super cute. And we all felt well rested in the morning.

Sunday Eric woke up still a little crappy feeling, but wanted to get out to get some fresh air. So me Logan, Eric, and mom and dad went and got some breakfast. Then straight back home for Eric. He needed his rest. But Logan and I took off. My cousins needed to go dress shopping for prom. Erics brother was back from Mexico and had wanted to see Logan. But Eric told him he wasnt home and what not. So Eric called me to tell me. So instead of leaving him with my mom, I called Marc to see if him and Sarah wanted to watch him while we shopped. And of course they did. So we dropped off Logan at Sarahs. He had his little Spartan socks on. And he watch the MSU basketball game with Uncle Marc and Aunt Sarah.

Dress shopping was pretty fun. I remember those days. And both girls (Shelby and Cassandra) were able to find dresses tehy loved. So that was sweet. And when I picked Logan back up, I was informed that he pooped 2 times for them. This is a record for the little man. He usually poops 1 time every 3 or 4 days. However, now that we have switched him to his new formula (Enfamil, Gentle ease), maybe that is the difference. And I am no longer feeding him breast milk. I dont have the time, energy, or supply. haha I am so over it. I did it for almost 3 months. Which is 3 months longer than I had planned, so I am not going to feel guilty about it. However, when I woke up Sunday morning my boobs were as hard as a rock. AWESOME! haha You needed to know that I am sure. In any case, Marc and Sarah enjoyed their time with Logan. And they think he is super cute.

Mellow night for sure. Here is the latest.

Changed the formula, seems to be handling it well
Is growing out of his "newborn" size diapers...or so I think
Is growing out of more outfits, had to reorganize his clothes and put away the small ones
smiles all the time
His bald spot on his head from the monitors has moved to the side of his head vs the top. Which tells us his head is getting bigger. BIG BRAINS
Is starting to make coos and noises, which is super cute.
Is growing out of his sleep sack, and I think it is time to break him of being swaddled. We cant swaddle him forever....or can we?
Formula for him is $15.00 for the small, and $25.00 for the big container
Gas is about $2.75-2.85/gallon
Movie is about $7-8
Diapers are $9.00 for a small pack, and about $20.00 for a box Pampers swaddlers
Random I know. But I want Logan to know what things ran during this time in his life. It will be interesting to know what this looks like a year from now.

Today he has a RSV (Synergyst)shot. He will scream and then I will pick him up and he will be over it. Or so thats how it has been. Lets hope so.
Poor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment