Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Strange....

So last night I was in bed with my new body pillow Eric bought me from Target. OMG...that pillow rocks. Anyway, I was laying there attempting to sleep. And all of a sudden I felt this strange feeling at the very bottom on my stomach. I am not sure how to describe it. But here is what I have come up with...


Have you ever drank a super fizzy drink (dr. pepper, cherry coke etc...) too fast and almost hiccuped and swallowed what was super fizzy? Well it felt like a bunch of fizzy bubbles in my stomach. I don't know if this was my first baby kicking moment or not. I do know what gas feels like, this wasn't it. But I have never ever felt this type of movement. And it happened for like a minute. I kept rolling over and looking at Eric for an answer, as if he knew what I was going through. haha

Only time will tell if kicking is what I felt. but it was an odd tickle sensation. And I tried to make it happen again, but nothing. So we will see as time goes by.

Also, I did another "Estrella" thing. I ordered a Fetal Doppler Monitor. For those of you that have no clue what this means, it is a monitor that will let me listen to the baby's heartbeat any time I want. I know crazy right? The picture is what I will be getting. Well I have decided to rent it for the next two months. I figured these are the months of uncertainty (as if the first trimester wasn't). But what I mean by this is, this is the time when all of your symptoms are playing nice. And you honestly don't feel that pregnant other than those tiny subtle moments. So I thought this would be nice to alleviate some of the anxiety that I have been going through. It is no ultrasound machine, but it is close enough. It comes with gel and the little probe thing that you rub across the belly. And then it will play (hopefully) the sound of your baby's heartbeat. Eric thinks this will make me feel worst. But I say only if I find nothing duh! I am told this might be a little bit too early to hear it. So if this happens, I know not to worry. It is during these next few weeks when hearing it on a doppler is possible. It should be on my porch this afternoon. I cant wait. And I hope to give you all an awesome report tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Well good luck with the machine but even if you don't hear anything don't be alarmed. When I went in to hear Sean's heartbeat they didn't find it and I got stressed because I had miscarried the year before so I was sent to the hospital and they did an ultrasound and showed me his heartbeat. The little shit was hiding behind my bladder and thats why the office machine couldn't pick it up. You probably did feel the baby move cuz you were in a different position and with your pillow it felt different too. I believe now is the time to start reading to the baby and listening to soft music. This should be helpful to you too cuz its relaxing even Eric could read to the baby, its never too early.
    aunt frances

    ReplyDelete